CARPENTER & PATERSON – Snubbers
During normal operating conditions, CPA’s hydraulic snubbers allows a piping system which experiences displacement to maintain its required flexibility. However, when being acted upon by dynamic forces, the snubbers locks into place thus protecting the piping system to which it is attached.
This provides the following benefits over competitor products:
- No need for an external reservoir – the piston rod on either side of the piston means the hydraulic fluid volume does not change.
- Strong design – the piston rod is supported at both ends to avoid ‘knuckling’ and subsequent wear on the bearings.
- Small diameter – efficient design and no external reservoir results in a compact product.
- Enables the snubbers to be installed in any orientation.
- Results in robust product with strong and reliable performance