BARTON FIRTOP – Conical Strainers
Conical strainers are designed for ‘temporary’ or short periods of operation, for example during commissioning and initial start-up periods of new or reconditioned process lines to remove any coarse debris such as rags, welding rods, pipe scale, rust etc accidentally or unavoidably present within the system.
After a nominal period of operation Conical Strainers are usually replaced with a permanent strainer of fine filtration.
Barton Firtop Engineering Company Limited design and manufacture four types of temporary strainers:
• ‘Witch Hat’ Conical Basket Strainer.
• ‘Top Hat’ Conical Basket Strainer.
• Flat Disc, also known as ‘Tennis Bat’ Strainer.
• ‘Bath Tub’ or “T-Type Strainer’.
Sizes range from ¾ inch Nb to 48 inch NB with pressure ratings up to 600 LB as standard and specials up to 2500 LB.
Flange facings include:
• Ring Joint, male or female.